Or connect using:
Create an Account
Your OpenID URL:
Critique time! - Animanga Crits
24 December 2008 @ 07:29 pm
Obviously I'm gonna have to make the first post, right? Ten icons to critique, just for you. =3
Leave a comment
3 comments —
( 3 comments —
Leave a comment
December 26th, 2008 11:28 pm (UTC)
I-I've never tried criting someone's icons before, so...XD; S-Sorry if it's kind of bad.
1. I really like the colouring on this icon! Though, and this could be just my eyesight / monitor, it looks like it could use some contrast? And could possibly be a little bit darker.
2. This one is good as well! I like the monochrome-like effect. The only thing that kind of bugs me is the semi-colon in the text, it just seems out of place.
3. I. Love. This. Icon. I think the text on it fits perfectly, t-though the semi-colon seems out of place again. But I also just adore the colouring, and jsklfd. It is really great over all!
4. Aw, this one is cute! I actually like the black and white ( I think it's black and white ) effect that you used in it! The icon has nice colouring, but could maybe be a little bit darker? Though that could just be personal preference.
5. I really like the effect that you used! I think it was pulled off very nicely! Though the text-texture thing kind of seems to be eating Raito a little bit. Overall, I think the colouring and everything is really well made!
6. fjdsklf, there really isn't much I can say about this icon! I think it's made so nicely, and the colouring is so so good! The only problems though, are that the icon looks a little blurry, and the text is kind of hard to see. Maybe adding another soft light layer for the blurriness and making the font colour just a little darker might help? But I really love this icon so much. ruewiorj.
7. Eee, Sheena! This colouring is really great! I think it's very nice, and pulled off very well! I don't know why, but when I first clicked on the link, my eyes first went to this icon. It's just so pretty and guh! *A* Though, it looks like it could be a little darker and could use a little more contrast. But either way, it is still a very nice icon!
8. I like this colouring as well, though I don't think I like how it's doubled. It just seems a little out of place. And it could probably be a little bit darker. But it still is very nicely made!
9. This icon might actually be my favourite one! I love how the reds pop out, and the light texture really fits! I think the colouring actually makes the icon seem very bright, and happy. Which goes along with the picture since the person is smiling! Very well done. 8)
10. The colouring is so smooth, and wonderful on this icon! Though maybe it could have been a little bit redder? It seems a little too blue, and the person's face looks a little washed out. But, this colouring is really great!
( I-I hope I did it right! 8D;; )
December 27th, 2008 01:29 pm (UTC)
1. I do like the coloring in this icon, but it seems a little drained. Maybe something that makes Sasori's hair look at little less intese? It's kinda like, "BAM!" which isn't bad thing, but sort of takes away from the icon a touch.
2. Beautifully done! I love the contrast between the colors and the text in the black and white! ♥ I agree with
, though regarding the semi-colon. It kinda looks funny~ But, otherwise, great icon.
3. Hmhm... I think this icon would look better without the text. I know that sounds a lil funny, but the text sorta gets in the way from letting us see all of the pretty coloring D:
4. I have to say that I'm digging the black and white bit in there! But I think the colors could be a bit more intense to contrast that little focal point a bity more.
5. I don't have a lot to crit on this icon because I think it's really nice XD
6. Again! Not muck I can say XD Lovely L-con~
7. Sheena is looking very pretty here! I like the glow coming from her eyes~
8. Um... I like how the doubling is going on here and how the colors flow from one copy to the other. It could use something like a light texture in the background, maybe?
9. The coloring would be great without the random red blob D: It distracts a little too much.
10. I, once again, agree with the person above me that the icon has too much blue D: I can see how his eyes are sort of the focal point, bit it seems a little too washed out.
December 29th, 2008 11:05 pm (UTC)
1. I love the colouring for the icon! The hair colour looks a bit saturated, but it makes it look more unique that way.
2. I love the colouring! But I think the text isn't needed for it. It already looked fine without the text.
3. Like I said with two, I don't think the text is needed as well. The colouring of the girl is brilliant though!
4. I love this icon! The black and white part looks great with it! I have no complants~
5. Aside from the text texture used, it's very nice! The text looks like an overbundance to the icon.
6. I have nothing to say, it's perfect that way!
7. The colouring is really bright around her face. It's taking the focus off the rest of the icon.
8. I love the double, but I don't like how the colours go together. You can't decide on where the eye is going at all.
9. D'aww, that screenshot is cute. :] I have nothing to say about it.
10. The guys face looks a bit washed out. Maybe is the icon is a bit darker?
Lovely icons as always though, Kawaii-ness~
( 3 comments —
Leave a comment